Call-back requests from your website
MightyCall makes your website visitors’ experience even more agreeable. It offers a useful option to make a request for a call-back or response to an email. The form includes a field for comments.
How it works
- It takes only a few minutes to set up the contact form and post it. You don’t need any technical skills or knowledge. Using drag-n-drop editor, you move and arrange ready-to-use sections. You fill in the form with all relevant information: company address, phone number, links to social media, etc. Then you get a code which you post on your web page and voila! – The contact form appears instantly on your website.
- The site visitor sees the Contact Us button on the form. One click and he/she can make a request for a call-back (he indicates his number) or for a response to an email.
- The client’s request goes immediately to your Activity queue. You can make a call from the web panel or via the mobile application or email, using your normal mail client.
- Click to call button on your website
Click to call button makes your customers’ calls instant and free.
- Activity queue: your integrated to-do list
Tasks feed gathers all requests (appeals) from different sources, including your internet site, and allows to handle it together with the team.
- Contact Us widget for your WordPress website
If you own a website on WordPress, install a plugin for the contact form plus 2 widgets for the side menu (sidebar widgets).
- Facebook Twitter messages
MightyCall aggregates requests not only from your website, but also from your social media accounts.