Everything you need from a business phone without the fluff
Make lasting first impressions with IVR, custom greetings and a variety of numbers--local, toll-free, and vanity--to choose from
Work from anywhere
With fantastic call service reliability and a super-slick smartphone app, you can control business no matter where work takes you
"Many hands make light work" is especially true thanks to collaborative features to help staff work together to handle customer requests
Dial-by-name directories are exactly what it sounds like. Instead of having people’s numbers memorized (a tricky thing nowadays), you simple put in the person’s first or last name to call them.
How it works
Dial-by-name, one of dozens of free features MightyCall offers, allows your callers to enter the first several letters of the name of the person they want to call.
The dial-by-name auto attendant checks for the validity of the information entered, and if it finds a matching name within the system, lets you connect to them with the # key. If you already know the person’s name, you can even bypass the auto-attendant completely.
If what you type in is incorrect, the system will let you know that name isn’t in the system and you will press the * key to try again.
The benefits of dial-by-name
Your callers can find you more easily, but that’s not all! Other benefits dial-by-name has to offer:
- You can set up a complete directory of all your employees for better organization
- The auto attendant serves as an assistant to facilitate calls without bothering staff
- You can select the extensions you want to be in your directory, and you can restrict access to staff you don’t want receiving calls.
- You can set the search by first or last names, depending on which is easier for callers to find your employees.
Setting up the directory
Before you can start using the dial-by-name, you need to set up the directory.
Luckily, doing this is pretty easy. Just follow these steps:
- First, your extensions should be properly set. You can learn about setting extensions and managing groups here.
- Set the letter combinations or names you want your callers to find you with.
- Make sure to match your extension with the desired letters on the keypad.
Enabling the Dial-By-Name Feature
To do this, go to your profile and do the following:
- Click on the “Additional Settings” tab and enable ‘dial-by-name’.
- You can add a personal greeting by going to “Greetings & Media”, then going to “upload your greeting”.
- After that, head to the ‘Configure Call Flows’ section.
If there are different users and you wish to enable or disable this feature for each one of them, go to the Team section and click on “edit user”.
You’ll see this feature on the Personal Settings screen. Note that before a user can enable this feature, they must record a custom greeting that says their name.
To upload a custom greeting (or record it directly via a phone), go to the Greeting section. You can then select from your recorded/uploaded greetings via the drop-down menu. Enabling the Dial-By-Name feature, of course, allows customers to reach you just by typing your name.
Configuring Call Flows with dial-by-name
As mentioned before, your call flows need to be set for the dial-by-name to be effective. A call flow is simply a road map to how calls will be handled from the moment they enter the phone system through the last second of the call. Follow these steps to add a call flow with the dial-by-name option:
- Go to the Configure Call Flows screen and click on the ‘new flow’ tab or edit the current call flow.
- Define basic conditions including the business number(s), the caller number(s), and the time of the call.
- Choose a primary greeting for when the call is connected. You can use a default or custom recording.
- Select the “Dial by Name” option.
- Press “Save changes.”
You can edit your directory whenever you want, determining who gets access to which employee and who doesn’t. You can also change the names at any time or tweak the information your auto attendant gives callers.
4 out of 5 stars
4.2 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
4.2 out of 5 stars