Easily add extensions for employees, project teams, and departments
What is an extension?
The MightyCall virtual phone system is, in essence, a cloud PBX. So it has extensions, as common PBX. An extension is a short internal number assigned to an employee, a project team or a department.
When Alice calls the ‘123’ extension belonging to Bob, the MightyCall cloud PBX forwards this call to all Bob’s actual (landline or mobile) numbers, web phone, and mobile client. All these phone sets can ring simultaneously or in sequence. There can be up to 3 landline or mobile phone numbers attached to the extension.
When Alice calls ‘1’ extension to get sales team, MightyCall cloud PBX distributes this call among sales team members according to one of 4 available algorithms:
- round-robin (circular)
- sequential (by qualification)
- freest first.
It is easy to add extensions with MightyCall
Unlike a common PBX, you can easily scale your MightyCall virtual phone system up and down. You don’t need to buy additional modules and accounts to add employees. And you will not lose your investment if you scale down later. With MightyCall, you can add or delete extensions in a matter of minutes, but sometimes it leads to a change of your tariff plan (see pricing).
What are extensions used for?
Having extensions is important for a phone system with several users.
- Improved customer experience and customer service: your customers gain the ability to call a particular employee or group directly by dialing the additional number.
- Better internal communications between team members: you can call or transfer a call to a co-worker by tapping a short internal number. It is important for team collaboration, especially with remote and mobile teammates.
- More convenient and cheap communications with remote offices: it means that you can create remote sales, service or engineer team with common extensions for better customer service.
- Finally, extensions help you manage calls and in an easier, more convenient and error-free way.
Use extensions in auto-receptionist: Press 1 for Sales, 2 for Support.
- Call forwarding
Use extensions to forward calls to a designated teammate.
- Call transfer during the call
Forward calls to team members manually.
- Custom greeting
Set personal and company greetings for different callers and situations