Call transfer during the call
Easily transfer the call to the designated employee.
Why do you need call transfer
You may need a manual call transfer when:
- The need to transfer the call arises during a call (e.g., for consultations);
- The company has a receptionist to take a call;
- A call mistakenly come to the wrong employee.
Blind and consultative call transfer
MightyCall supports 2 types of call transfer:
Blind call transfer is sometimes called “cold” or “unannounced”. In this case, the user transfers the call to a teammate and hangs up before the teammate takes the call. If the teammate doesn’t answer, the caller will be disconnected. So the user is unsure whether or not the transfer is successful, but saves some time and attention.
Consultative call transfer is also known as “warm”, “attended”, “supervised”, or “announced” transfer. In this case, the user waits until the teammate takes the call and hangs up only after a talk with the teammate. Sometimes, the caller also takes part in the preliminary conversation. The user in this scenario is sure that transfer is successful. Consultative call transfer is usually used for important calls or for transfers to extensions with no queue management.
MightyCall call transfer advantages
The main advantage is simplicity and ease of use, especially for WebPhones.
With WebPhone, you can make call transfer with just 2 mouse clicks:
- The first click is on the “transfer” or “consultative” button, depending on the desired type of call transfer.
- The second click is to choose a teammate from the list of employees. You don’t need to remember colleagues’ numbers, even short.
Call transfer from other phones, such as cellphones, are simple too. You can use hot keys to transfer the call. You need to remember the short number of a colleague or dial the complete number in case of an external subscriber.
- Conference calls
A consultative call transfer can start a Conference call.
- Second line consultative call
Consultative calls in more details.
- Softphone to make and receive calls
How can you transfer, make and receive calls using softphones?
- Available/DND statuses
What happens if you transfer a call to a teammate who sets the Do not Disturb status?