Businesses get VoIP numbers to route calls to remote employees. The process is simple, when a customer calls the number, it’s redirected to the remote employee’s device based on business rules. Such numbers allow employees to receive calls on their computer or phone, anywhere. Businesses can manage calls effectively, track call activity for insights, and change the rules as needed. These numbers offer flexibility, improved communication, cost savings, and insights compared to physical office setups. Remote work and online numbers are now essential for businesses to remain competitive in the modern work environment.
What is a VoIP Number?
An internet number is a phone number that uses Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology for communication. It identifies the user on the IP network instead of the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) and transmits signals over the Internet rather than traditional phone lines. An internet number is a combination of a regular phone number and a virtual phone, making it easily portable and assignable to multiple devices. SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) is the standard protocol for implementing VoIP technology.
Fastest way to Get a VoIP Number?
Getting a VoIP number is a simple and straightforward process that can be completed in the following steps:
- Determine Your Business’s Needs: Consider the location and type of number you need for your business, such as a local, toll-free, or international number.
- Research Providers: Research and compare different VoIP companies to find the one that best suits your needs. Look for features such as call quality, customer support, and pricing.
- Choose a Plan: Select a plan that fits your business’s needs and budget. Consider the number of simultaneous calls and minutes you’ll need.
- Select a Number: A vanity number, toll-free, international? Work with your provider to choose and later on buy a VoIP number that is available and meets your requirements.
- Make the Purchase: Once you have chosen a number, make the purchase through your provider’s website or customer service representative.
- Set Up the Program: Follow the instructions provided by your provider to set up and configure your VoIP program. This includes setting up your hardware, such as a headset and microphone, and downloading the necessary software.
With these steps, you can quickly and easily get a VoIP phone number for your business and start making and receiving calls over the Internet.
When Do You Need to Get a VoIP Phone Number?
Buying a VoIP number can benefit businesses of all sizes, including small businesses, enterprises, and call centers.
Small businesses can benefit from online numbers by saving on telecommunication costs and improving communication with customers. Web numbers allow small businesses to have a local number with presence in multiple locations without having a physical office, increasing their reach and accessibility.
Enterprises can improve their communication and collaboration with employees working remotely by getting VoIP numbers. Web numbers can also enhance their professional image and increase their competitiveness by offering multiple locations and toll-free options.
Call centers can benefit from the flexibility and scalability of web numbers. They may need a VoIP phone number for their call center agents to work from anywhere, reducing overhead costs and improving efficiency. Web numbers can also provide advanced call routing and reporting capabilities, helping call centers manage their operations more effectively.
Where to Get VoIP Numbers
VoIP can be obtained from a provider. Getting a VoIP phone number for your organization is easier than getting traditional phone numbers. To choose the best provider, consider factors such as reliability, quality of service, and pricing. Some popular providers include MightyCall, RingCentral, Vonage, and 8×8. After selecting a provider, you can assign a VoIP number to any device that you want to use for making and receiving calls. MightyCall is a great option for those looking for a flexible and affordable VoIP solution.
Best Practices for Choosing VoIP Phone Number
So what is the best strategy on how to get a VoIP number? The choice of a service provider for your business can significantly impact the success and growth of your company. With numerous options available in the market, it can be challenging to pick the right provider that aligns with your business objectives and goals. To make the right choice, it’s essential to consider several key factors such as the range of features, reliability, quality, security, customer reviews, level of customer support, and pricing.
- Range of features: The range of features offered by a provider can have a significant impact on the functionality and performance of your business. It is important to obtain a VoIP phone number provider that offers a comprehensive set of features that cater to your specific business needs and requirements. This includes features such as data storage, integrations, scalability, and ease of use.
- Reliability: A reliable phone company is crucial for the success of your business. It is essential to choose a provider that has a good track record of uptime, ensuring your business runs smoothly without any downtime. A reliable provider will also ensure that you have access to your data and information at all times, even during technical difficulties.
- Quality: The quality of service provided by a provider is critical in maintaining the high standard of your business. It’s key to choose a VoIP phone number provider that has a good reputation for quality and is known for delivering high-quality services to its customers. Quality service is essential to ensure that your business runs smoothly, and you have access to the support you need when you need it.
- Security: Making the best choice on how to get VoIP absolutely has to include this point. The security of your business data and information is of utmost importance, and choosing a provider that prioritizes security should be a top priority. It’s essential to choose a provider that has strong security measures in place to protect your data, including encryption, firewalls, and regular backups.
- Customer reviews: Customer reviews can provide valuable insights into the provider’s performance and service quality. Reading customer reviews can help you understand the provider’s strengths and weaknesses, and make an informed decision based on the experiences of others.
- Level of customer support: Good customer support is essential for the success of your business, and it’s essential to choose a provider that offers a high level of customer support. This includes 24/7 support, live chat, and prompt response times to ensure that you receive the help you need when you need it.
- Pricing: The pricing of a provider’s services can significantly impact the profitability of your business. It’s essential to choose a provider that offers competitive pricing and ensures that the services they provide are worth the cost. Make sure to compare the pricing of different providers and choose one that offers a good value for money.
Main Differences Between Traditional and VoIP Numbers
Voice over IP phone numbers use the internet to transmit calls, while landline numbers use traditional telephone lines. This means that with such a number, you can make and receive calls using your internet connection. This provides benefits such as lower costs, increased flexibility, and improved call quality.
VoIP phone numbers can have area codes from anywhere, while landline numbers are tied to specific geographic locations. This means that with a VoIP, you can choose an area code that makes sense for your business or personal life.
VoIP phone service is often cheaper than traditional landline service and many providers offer unlimited calling and features. This can further reduce costs compared to landline service.
VoIP can be used on multiple devices and can be easily transferred. This means that with a VoIP phone number, you can use it on your computer, smartphone, or other device.
VoIP usually has lower international calling rates, making it easier and more affordable for individuals and businesses to stay in touch with friends, family, and customers around the world. Whether you are traveling abroad or working with international clients, a VoIP phone number can provide the connectivity you need.
What Can A VoIP System Do For You?
- Location Independence: Web numbers allow businesses to have a phone presence in any location, regardless of their physical location. This enables businesses to choose and get local VoIP phone numbers or toll-free numbers that align with their target market, improving their professional image and making them more accessible to customers.
- No Hardware Requirements: With web numbers, there’s no need for additional hardware such as telephone lines or PBX systems. This means businesses can make and receive calls using their existing devices, making it a more convenient and cost-effective solution.
- Cost-Effective: Virtual business numbers are often more affordable compared to traditional landline services as they don’t require the installation and maintenance of physical telephone lines. Many web number providers offer unlimited calling and other features as part of their service, further reducing costs for businesses.
- App Integrations: Many web number providers offer integrations with popular business apps such as CRMs, email, and calendars. This allows businesses to manage all their communications from a single platform, streamlining their operations and improving their customer service.
- Enhanced Call Quality: Web numbers often provide enhanced voice quality compared to traditional landline services as calls are transmitted over the internet instead of telephone lines. This results in clear, consistent call quality and reduces the risk of dropped calls or other call quality issues.
What Features Can I Get With VoIP Phone Number?
So how to get VoIP with a quality feature package? Voice over Internet Protocol numbers offer advanced features for enhanced business communication. Here are some of the most useful features:
- Auto-attendant: Automatically answers and routes calls to the correct department or extension, providing a professional and efficient experience for callers.
- Call Forwarding: Allows calls to be forwarded to any desired number, even outside the office, making it easier for businesses with remote workers or employees in different locations to stay connected.
- Virtual Meeting Rooms: Enables businesses to host virtual meetings with screen sharing and collaboration tools, enabling teams to work together more effectively, regardless of location.
- Call Recording: Records calls for quality control, training, and compliance purposes, making it easier to monitor and improve the performance of business communication.
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response): Provides automated menu options for callers to reach desired departments or information, streamlining the call process and improving efficiency.
- Call Blocking: Blocks unwanted numbers or spam calls, reducing interruptions and improving the overall call experience.
- SMS: Allows texting from the same number as calls, providing businesses with a unified communication platform.
- Business Hours: Specifies the hours of operation for the business and routes calls accordingly, improving call management and customer service.
- Call Parking: Puts a call on hold and transfers it to any available line, making it easier for businesses to handle multiple calls at once.
- Call Queuing: Holds incoming calls in a queue and routes them to the next available agent, improving call management and customer service.
Pros and Cons of Getting a VoIP Number for Your Business
- Improved Mobility and Accessibility: Web numbers offer significant advantages to businesses, particularly in terms of mobility and accessibility. Employees can make and receive calls from any location with an internet connection, allowing for flexibility and reliability even for remote workers. This means that no matter where an employee is located, they will always be reachable and can remain productive even when away from the office.
- Cost-Effective Communication: Another major advantage of web numbers is their cost-effectiveness. Unlike traditional phone lines, web numbers are typically billed based on usage, making it an attractive option for businesses with variable or unpredictable call volumes. This can result in significant cost savings for businesses compared to maintaining traditional business phone lines.
- Enhanced Productivity: The advanced features offered by internet numbers, such as vanity phone numbers, call forwarding, IVR (Interactive Voice Response), and call recording, can help improve call management and increase productivity. IVR, for example, can automate certain processes, such as routing calls to the appropriate department or providing information to callers. Call recording can be useful for training and quality control purposes. These features can help streamline communication, improve customer service, and ultimately boost the productivity of the business.
- Security Concerns: One of the potential disadvantages of virtual numbers is the increased risk of fraud. As virtual phone numbers rely on internet connectivity, it can be relatively easy for scammers to mimic the number to deceive individuals. Businesses need to be vigilant in their use of virtual numbers and take steps to minimize the risk of fraud, such as verifying the identity of callers and implementing security measures such as multi-factor authentication.
- Limited Call Volume Capabilities: Another potential drawback of virtual phones is their limited call volume capabilities. These numbers may not be suitable for businesses with high call volumes or businesses that require a large number of lines, as the technology may not be able to handle the volume of calls effectively. In these cases, traditional phone lines may be a more appropriate solution.
- Reliance on Internet Connectivity: Virtual phone service numbers rely on a stable and fast internet connection to make and receive calls, so a slow or unreliable connection can impact call quality and performance. This means that businesses must ensure that their internet connection is stable and fast enough to support their communication needs, or else consider alternative solutions. In areas with limited or unreliable internet connectivity, virtual VoIP phone numbers may not be the most appropriate solution.
VoIP Number Portability
When changing providers, there is a risk of losing customers due to a change in business phone number. However, this can be avoided through number porting. This allows you to keep your current phone number, even if you change providers. This can greatly reduce the impact of the switch on your business and customer base.
Will I need to change my number?
- Your current VoIP company is too expensive
- Your current VoIP system lacks key features for your business
- You are experiencing unfair treatment from your current VoIP company (e.g. hidden fees)
- Other reasons specific to your business needs
- Your business has outgrown the capabilities of your current VoIP service
- The quality of your current VoIP is inadequate (e.g. poor audio quality)
- You are not satisfied with customer support from your current provider
How long does it take?
In MightyCall, number porting is a straightforward process that happens in under 15 workdays. Our support team will guide you through the process and ensure a smooth transition after you get a new VoIP number provider. The exact time it takes will depend on the complexity of your current phone system and your provider’s processing time, but our team will work to minimize any disruption to your business.
How much do VoIP Numbers cost?
The cost of a VoIP number can vary depending on the provider and the type of plan you choose. On average, a basic number plan can cost anywhere from $10 to $30 per month. More comprehensive plans with additional features and services can cost anywhere from $30 to $100 or more per month. Additionally, some providers may charge per-minute fees for calls, while others have unlimited call plans. With MightyCall, prices start at just $15 per user.
How many VoIP Phone Numbers can I get?
After answering “How do I get a VoIP number?” you may wonder how many you can get. The amount you can get depends on the provider and the type of plan you choose. Some providers offer only one phone number per account, while others allow you to have multiple numbers under the same account. With MightyCall, you get 2 numbers per plan and will be able to add additional numbers as your business grows or as you expand into new markets.
Who exactly owns VoIP Numbers after purchase?
After purchasing a VoIP number, the ownership of the number depends on the terms and conditions of the provider. In general, the number is assigned to the customer who purchases it and is typically considered the property of the customer for the duration of the contract. The customer has the right to use the number for the purpose it was purchased for and has the option to transfer or port the number to a different provider if desired.
Free VoIP Phone Numbers: What are they?
Free VoIP numbers are telephone numbers that are provided for free by various online services and VoIP service providers. These numbers can be used for a variety of purposes, including making and receiving calls and sending and receiving text messages. The main advantage of using a free VoIP is its cost – as it is free, there are no monthly fees or hidden costs associated with its usage.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that there are several disadvantages to using a free VoIP. For example, they often come with limited functionality and may not have all of the features that are available with paid numbers. Additionally, free numbers may not be as reliable as paid numbers, and the quality of the call may be lower. This can be a significant drawback, especially for businesses that need to make and receive calls with clients and customers.
Another disadvantage of free numbers is the limited customer support. With free numbers, it’s often difficult to get help with technical issues or to resolve any problems that may arise. Additionally, the security of free numbers is often less robust than paid numbers, which can increase the risk of fraud or hacking.
Grow Your Business & Celebrate Success
MightyCall provides a comprehensive and reliable VoIP phone system for businesses of all sizes. With MightyCall, businesses can enjoy the benefits of having a professional phone number, such as mobility, flexibility, scalability, and a range of advanced features. The platform offers easy-to-use call management tools, such as call forwarding, call screening, and call recording, that help businesses increase productivity and provide a professional image to customers. Additionally, MightyCall’s affordable pricing, user-friendly interface, and exceptional customer support make it an ideal choice for businesses looking to upgrade their phone system.