Phone com vs MightyCall
Why MightyCall is the best alternative to Phone com
Phone. com might offer “unlimited minutes” (see below for explanation), but other than that, a lot of their value is overinflated. You need to pay monthly surcharges for each phone number you have, and some advanced features like call recording and call analytics are also extra.
Browsing their site, you’ll also notice that with Phone. com you need to purchase their phones to get the system up and running. With MightyCall there is absolutely no hardware required—you can use the system on any phone or device you want—so signup is easy and you can keep tabs on your business anywhere you go.
Why choose MightyCall:
- No charges for phones or phone numbers
- Absolutely no additional equipment needed
- Unlimited extensions and users
- The most advanced features around, included directly in your plan
In terms of plans and prices, Phone com interestingly has both:
- Limited minutes plans: $12.99 for 300 minutes, $19.99 for 500 minutes, and $39.99 for 1,000 minutes;
- Unlimited plans*: $29.99 for 1 number with 5,000 texts, $37.99 for 2 numbers with 10,000 texts, and $59.99 for 3 numbers with 20,000 texts.
Please note, that the price is per user extension.
* Phone com’s unlimited minutes are not actually treated as unlimited minutes based on Phone com’s Terms of Service: you only have unlimited minutes on calls made from an IP or softphone—i.e. not your cell phone.
The best comps that MightyCall has are our:
- Basic plan, with 2 numbers, 1,000 minutes, unlimited texts at $19.99, and our
- Standard plan, with 5 numbers, Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts at $39.99.
MightyCall doesn’t charge per user. All prices are per entire team.
Capabilities Review: MightyCall vs Phone com
|Price per month||$ 39.99 / team||$ 29.99 / user|
|Hardware||No||$4.99/mo per device|
|Local or Toll-free numbers||5||1|
|Call Recording||Yes||from $4.95/mo|
|Call Recording||Yes||from $4.95/mo|
|Webphone for In/Out Calls||Yes||No|
|Social Media tracking||Yes||No|
In Phone com:
- phones themselves are $4.99 a month,
- additional phone numbers are also $4.99 a month, and again,
- call recording is $4.95/mo for 300 minutes,
- and call analytics are another $3.99 a month.
Add all that up and $30 can shoot up past $50 quickly.
What customers say about MightyCall
MightyCall was more flexible and better value than Grasshopper, and allows our business to be mobile and the team to work virtually, which is our main goal. Because our business is 99% internet-based, we don’t need a fixed location nor the costly infrastructure that includes fixed phone systems and staff needed to man the phones, as all these add to our operational costs.
By being able to route calls by pressing one or pressing two, we found that calls were being more accurately routed. So we positioned MightyCall to redirect reservation calls to our call center, and handled all informational requests ourselves. MightyCall saves us up to six times what it costs us. That’s a no-brainer for me.
I took over the company in 2016. The year before, they were paying Verizon over $700/month for a phone system that had to be installed and maintained in their office. I got the exact same “system” from you for $24.95/month (800#, multiple lines, patch directly through to remote numbers, individual messaging, etc.) My calculator doesn’t have enough space to show the percent savings )
Get MightyCall's VoIP for your business
Get a 50% discount on MightyCall for your first month.
If you already have a virtual phone number, we can port it in for free so you can keep using it.
All plans include
Available \ DND Status
Voicemail to Email
Caller ID & CNAME