MightyCall or eVoice?
Comparing MightyCall and eVoice isn’t as direct a comparison as some of the other companies providing virtual phone numbers, but once you begin looking into the two, it becomes clear MightyCall is the superior system. First off, some basic points:
- eVoice only provides businesses with a virtual number, while MightyCall provides the virtual number along with the cloud IP PBX, allowing for so much more flexibility
- MightyCall tracks client requests for calls, emails, your site hits, and social media; eVoice only covers calls
- MightyCall has more features, by far, and at a lower overall price
Looking at the chart, you can see there’s a big difference, and it most certainly isn’t fluff. Let’s quickly breakdown the capabilities MightyCall gives you that eVoice has no answer for.
|Price per month||$ 19,99*||$ 29,99**|
|Minutes Included||1 000||1 000|
|Price per minute||0,02||0,03|
|Local or Toll-free numbers||2||15|
|Vanity search||Yes, for free||$30|
|Contact Us Widget||Yes||No|
|Call Back Widget||Yes||No|
|Social Media tracking||Yes||No|
|Webphone for In/Out Calls||Yes||No|
|International numbers||$10 extra||$ 29,95 extra|
|International Calls||Yes, pay-as-you-go||Yes, pay-as-you-go|
|*Basic plan||**eVoice 29.99|
Want more? See our superstar offer below!
eVoice has 4 general monthly pricing plans: 300 talk minutes for $12.99, 1,000 talk minutes for $29.99, 2,000 talk minutes for $49.99, and 4,000 talk minutes for $79.99.
- The $12.99 plan offers 6 numbers, but what difference does it make when you can only talk on the phone for an average of 10 minutes per day before getting hit with extra charges?
- The $29.99 plan is much closer to MightyCall’s Basic plan for $19.99. They offer the same amount of minutes, but with MightyCall you get some fundamental features like unlimited texting, unlimited extensions, and our unique activity queue for free. No matter what eVoice plan you have, nearly every additional feature is an additional monthly charge; if you want text messages, that’ll cost you extra. So basically, you wind up paying twice as much for what you could get with MightyCall.
- The larger plans, at $49.99 and $79.99, are where features costing extra really burn you. MightyCall has more features than eVoice to begin with—thanks to our cloud IP technology—but once you get MightyCall’s Standard or Ultimate plan, you’ll be getting unlimited calling and all of our advanced features like call recording and voice-to-text transcriptions for free. If you want those features, or again, even text messages (!), with eVoice, your monthly bill is going to end up significantly higher than $50 or $80. Those prices just aren’t very transparent.
Also, just 2,000 talk minutes for $50 and 4,000 talk minutes for $80? MightyCall’s $49.99 Standard plan offers unlimited calling! eVoice’s talk minute totals are barely covering the essentials for a successful small business, so even if their additional surcharges for talk minutes are low (3.9 cents a minute), you shouldn’t have to budget that extra cost in just because you had a busier month than usual.
So, to recap:
The features eVoice does have, like voice-to-text, call recording, text messaging, and web conferencing are all extra charges no matter what plan you have. Unfortunately, eVoice’s start-up services hammer your wallet too; porting your number into the system is $40 (free with MightyCall), a vanity number is $30 (free with MightyCall), and an international number is $30 ($10 with MightyCall). There is simply no universe where MightyCall isn’t better bang for your buck.
MightyCall was more flexible and better value than Grasshopper, and allows our business to be mobile and the team to work virtually, which is our main goal. Because our business is 99% internet-based, we don’t need a fixed location nor the costly infrastructure that includes fixed phone systems and staff needed to man the phones, as all these add to our operational costs.
By being able to route calls by pressing one or pressing two, we found that calls were being more accurately routed. So we positioned MightyCall to redirect reservation calls to our call center, and handled all informational requests ourselves. MightyCall saves us up to six times what it costs us. That’s a no-brainer for me.
I took over the company in 2016. The year before, they were paying Verizon over $700/month for a phone system that had to be installed and maintained in their office. I got the exact same “system” from you for $24.95/month (800#, multiple lines, patch directly through to remote numbers, individual messaging, etc.) My calculator doesn’t have enough space to show the percent savings )
Pick the right plan for your business
Get a 50% discount on MightyCall for your first month.
If you already have a virtual phone number, we can port it in for free so you can keep using it.
All plans include
Unlimited Text Messaging
Customizable Call Routing
Available \ DND status
Voicemail to Email
Caller ID & CNAME