MightyCall or eVoice?
Comparing MightyCall and eVoice isn’t as direct a comparison as some of the other companies providing virtual phone numbers, but once you begin looking into the two, it becomes clear MightyCall is the superior system. First off, some basic points:
- eVoice only provides businesses with a virtual number, while MightyCall provides the virtual number along with the cloud IP PBX, allowing for so much more flexibility
- MightyCall tracks client requests for calls, emails, your site hits, and social media; eVoice only covers calls
- MightyCall has more features, by far, and at a lower overall price
Looking at the chart, you can see there’s a big difference, and it most certainly isn’t fluff. Let’s quickly breakdown the capabilities MightyCall gives you that eVoice has no answer for.
|Price per month||$ 19,99*||$ 29,99**|
|Minutes Included||1 000||1 000|
|Price per minute||0,02||0,03|
|Local or Toll-free numbers||2||15|
|Vanity search||Yes, for free||$30|
|Contact Us Widget||Yes||No|
|Call Back Widget||Yes||No|
|Social Media tracking||Yes||No|
|Webphone for In/Out Calls||Yes||No|
|International numbers||$10 extra||$ 29,95 extra|
|International Calls||Yes, pay-as-you-go||Yes, pay-as-you-go|
|*Basic plan||**eVoice 29.99|
Want more? See our superstar prices.
eVoice has 4 general monthly pricing plans: 300 talk minutes for $12.99, 1,000 talk minutes for $29.99, 2,000 talk minutes for $49.99, and 4,000 talk minutes for $79.99.
- The $12.99 plan offers 6 numbers, but what difference does it make when you can only talk on the phone for an average of 10 minutes per day before getting hit with extra charges?
- The $29.99 plan is much closer to MightyCall’s Basic plan for $19.99. They offer the same amount of minutes, but with MightyCall you get some fundamental features like unlimited texting, unlimited extensions, and our unique activity queue for free. No matter what eVoice plan you have, nearly every additional feature is an additional monthly charge; if you want text messages, that’ll cost you extra. So basically, you wind up paying twice as much for what you could get with MightyCall.
- The larger plans, at $49.99 and $79.99, are where features costing extra really burn you. MightyCall has more features than eVoice to begin with—thanks to our cloud IP technology—but once you get MightyCall’s Standard or Ultimate plan, you’ll be getting most and then all of our advanced features like call recording and voice-to-text transcriptions for free. If you want those features, or again, even text messages (!), with eVoice, your monthly bill is going to end up significantly higher than $50 or $80. Those prices just aren’t very transparent.
Also, just 2,000 talk minutes for $50 and 4,000 talk minutes for $80? MightyCall’s $49.99 Standard plan offers 5,000! eVoice’s talk minute totals are barely covering the essentials for a successful small business, so even if their additional surcharges for talk minutes are low (3.9 cents a minute), you shouldn’t have to budget that extra cost in just because you had a busier month than usual.
So, to recap:
The features eVoice does have, like voice-to-text, call recording, text messaging, and web conferencing are all extra charges no matter what plan you have. Unfortunately, eVoice’s start-up services hammer your wallet too; porting your number into the system is $40 (free with MightyCall), a vanity number is $30 (free with MightyCall), and an international number is $30 ($10 with MightyCall). There is simply no universe where MightyCall isn’t better bang for your buck.