Contact Us Widget
Make your website work even harder with our “Contact Us” widget. It allows you to create your own contact form for your website. All activities (missed calls, voicemails, call back or email requests) will be displayed on the MightyCall Activity screen.
MightyCall Contact Us widget includes:
- Your business name and address (including a mark on the map).
- Your contact information — primary and alternate phone numbers, fax, email and Skype.
- Your business hours.
- Links to your company in popular social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Tweeter, Google+).
- Your own image gallery (up to six images).
MightyCall Contact Us widget also has some additional features to turn your site visitors into customers:
- Downloadable vCard.
- A map with the ability to show directions to your office.
- A quick link to share your company details & address via email.
- A contact form to send a call me back or email request.
- An integrated MightyCall ClickConnect function, allowing calls to be made from the browser to a pre-programmed phone.
- MightyCall Web Widget optimized for mobile devices and tablets.
Your website visitors can place an instant call via the Click-to-Call service by clicking on your phone number listed in the widget, or send you an offline request by pressing on the “Contact Us” button.
The “Get Directions” link provides your website visitors directions to your office using Google Maps.
Configuring the Mightycall Contact Us widget
MightyCall Contact Us widget is available at Standard and Ultimate plans. You can configure your MightyCall Contact Us widget in the “Web” section. The MightyCall Contact Us widget includes nine elements (blocks):
- Company Name & Address.
- Contacts (phones, fax, emails).
- Business Hours.
- Links to social media sites.
- Get Contact Info.
- Contact Us button.
- and social “Likes” block.
You can edit/hide/move/re-size all elements as needed.
How to edit/ hide/show elements
Click the “Edit” icon in the top-right corner of the selected element.
How to hide/show elements
You can hide or show any elements as needed by clicking on the “Hide” icon in the top-right corner of the selected element. You can also hide or show all elements by clicking the desired buttons above the form. You can return to one of the standard templates by clicking on the “Horizontal” or “Vertical” buttons.
How to move and re-size elements
You can move any of the elements by dragging-and-dropping them.
Drag the lower-right corner of the element to re-size. Note some elements have size limitations.
Contact form language — you can select from the following list of languages for your form: English, German, Japanese, French, Portuguese and Russian.
Background color — white and transparent backgrounds are available.
Widget width — select the “Standard Size” option if you want to set up the contact form width to fit with the width of common sites. Select “Automatic Scale” to have your widget take all the available width on your website.
You can also use your own CSS styles if needed.
How to preview the created contact form
Click on the Mobile Preview or Web Preview buttons to preview (note the Contact Us button is disabled when utilizing the preview function. This button will be enabled on your live site).
How to add the created form to your site
To get the code, click the “Get Widget code” button and then click “Copy to clipboard.” WordPress ID is also available.
Edit HTML code of the page you want to add the widget to, and paste the copied widget code in the HTML code section of your page.
Save your HTML page to see the widget rendered on your website.
Click here for more information on configuring the MightyCall Contact Widget using CSS.
- Dashboard (MightyCall Reports)
- Get Your Business Number or International Phone Number
- Port Existing Number
- Outbound Calls From Business Number
- How to Use Guide: Call Forwarding
- Call Queue
- Black & White Lists
- Business and Non-Business Hours
- Forward Phone Calls to Another Number
- Use Call Screening Feature to Avoid Undesired Calls
- Music on Hold and Custom Greetings
- Voicemail - How to Set Up and Use
- Text Messages
- Social Media Tracker
- Statistics History Dashboards
- Multichannel Activity Dashboard
- Managing Users and Groups
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu
- The Call Recording
- Conference Calling
- Telephony User Interface (TUI)
- How to set Caller ID
- MightyCall API Documentation
- Troubleshooting Microphone Problems
- Set up a Third Party SIP Phone
- MightyCall Inbox Message
- Configuring the MightyCall Contact Widget using CSS
- General and Personal Settings
- Dial By Name
- Using Talk Minutes And Money
- How to change your subscription
- Privacy Settings For Access To Your Microphone