Questions and Answers
What is a virtual phone system?
MightyCall is a virtual phone system, which simply means that the number you get when you sign-up is not attached to a sim card or a phone or anything physical. This is possible through cloud technology, which in the virtual phone number industry is also called VOIP technology (Voice Over Internet Protocol).
What is a virtual phone number?
Local or toll-free virtual phone numbers can be purchased from a service provider. Paired with a virtual phone system like MightyCall, your virtual phone number will serve as a convenient business contact, as it’s possible to forward calls from a virtual number to any device(s). A virtual number allows you to conceal personal numbers, expand your business, improve your company image and retain your contact data even if you lose your cellphone or move from one office to another.
What advantages does a virtual phone system offer?
A professional virtual phone system can help your business in many ways:
- Enhances accessibility (convenient forwarding via extensions, auto-attendant, call queues, forwarding to mobile devices and softphones, call-back requests, website integration);
- Improves call-processing productivity (shorter response time, fewer staff members needed);
- Makes teamwork easier (conference calling, task assignment, detailed communication analytics);
- Saves resources (no additional equipment required, BYOD compatibility, you won’t need to have a receptionist, etc.);
- Projects a professional image.
What are the benefits of a virtual phone system?
First off, you don’t need to use your personal number, which saves you a lot of headaches. Additionally, most virtual phone systems have multiple features to help your business communications flow freely and smoothly. For example, you can field customer calls anywhere, forward them to your colleagues or even record them to listen to later.
Can I have a toll-free and a local number?
Yes. Every MightyCall plan offers several phone numbers, so you can get toll-free numbers AND local numbers, or multiples of each, at no extra charge.
Can I use my current business phone number?
Absolutely! Once you sign up for MightyCall, you can bring your old business number along with you. The process takes about 2 weeks for toll-free numbers and usually 3-4 weeks for local numbers; after that, your number will be ready to go.
How many users can I add?
With MightyCall you can add as many users as you need. Since MightyCall uses cloud technology, we are able to offer every customer unlimited extensions to accommodate any sized business.
What is MightyCall’s price?
MightyCall offers three pricing plans—Basic, Standard, and Ultimate. Basic is $24.99 a month, Standard is $49.99 a month, and Ultimate is $99.99 a month. The more expensive the plan, the more numbers, data and features you get.
Does MightyCall have group calling?
Yes. You can unite users into groups and assign an extension number to the whole group. Calls to that extension will be forwarded according to existing routing rules (ringing phones simultaneously or in a user-specified sequence). Conference calls are also supported.
Does MightyCall have an auto attendant?
Absolutely. MightyCall’s automated attendant provides everything expected from a professional phone system: greeting your callers, forwarding calls to a specified location (user, group, voicemail), playing recorded messages, etc. The auto-attendant’s voice menu and operation algorithms are fully customizable too.
Can MightyCall work outside of the U.S./Canada?
MightyCall only provides local virtual numbers within the U.S. and Canada. It’s possible to route calls outside of North America however, although this option requires giving a call to our customer support team to activate an international number.
Can I make international calls?
You can make calls with MightyCall all over the world, without breaking the bank! Our international call rates are some of the lowest in the industry.
How do I know if a call is a business or personal one?
If you’ll use your (physical) phone for both your business and personal numbers, you can use our Caller ID feature to help tell what calls are for business and what calls are for you.
What devices can I use MightyCall with?
You can use MightyCall on any device you want — any phone, computer, or tablet will be compatible. Unlike other Voip providers, we don’t limit you to the number of devices you can sign-in on either, so you’ll have complete freedom.
Does MightyCall have a trial period?
MightyCall has a 7-day trail period and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What makes MightyCall better than other options on the Market?
MightyCall is easy, affordable, and effective. You don’t need any special hardware like other options, we don’t bill per user like the majority of the industry, and we don’t charge you per feature like others. For a deep dive into the market, here’s a guide on the biggest Voip companies and how they compare to MightyCall.
- When to use various call handling options
- How to set Caller ID (Call Display Control)
- General and Personal Settings
- MightyCall API Documentation
- Troubleshooting Microphone Problems
- Set up a Third Party SIP Phone
- MightyCall Inbox Message
- Configuring the MightyCall Contact Widget using CSS
- Privacy Settings For Access To Your Microphone
- Dial By Name
- How to change your subscription
- Using Talk Minutes And Money
MightyCall and Sitebuilders
- Contact Book
- Presence Indicator
- Music on Hold and Custom Greetings
- Use Call Screening Feature to Avoid Undesired Calls
- Call Queue
- Telephony User Interface (TUI)
- Dashboard (MightyCall Reports)
- Black & VIP Lists
- Call Recording
- Conference Calling
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu
- Managing Users and Groups
- Multichannel Activity Dashboard
- Statistics History Dashboards
- Social Media Tracker
- Text Messages
- Voicemail - How to Set Up and Use
- Forward Phone Calls to Another Number
- Business and Non-Business Hours
- How to Use Guide: Call Forwarding
- Outbound Calls From Business Number
- Get Your Business Number or International Phone Number
- Port Existing Number