What is MightyCall?
MightyCall is the go-to software to organize and track all of your business’s customer communications.
Using Wi-Fi to keep you connected wherever you go, VoIP done the MightyCall way incorporates all of your staff members into the system for free so everyone is on the same page with every call, text, and website hit you get.
Call Forwarding Settings
Go to your Profile -> My forwarding numbers.
It is different for each user, depending on how you want to answer calls:
- via your cellphone,
- the MightyCall webphone,
- the MightyCall mobile app,
- an external IP desk phone or
MightyCall offers 2 different methods of call distribution:
To enable call forwarding to an external softphone or an IP desk phone, you’ll need to connect it to MightyCall. Get quick connection details or see the full guide on setting up softphones and desk phones.
Setting status: Available\ DND
You are also provided with a personal presence status showing whether you’re available to talk or you’re busy. To change your status, simply click the slider on the top bar.
Call handling options
This presence status can be used to define different call handling options.
Go to your Profile -> Answering rules.
You can specify different actions for three situations:
- your presence is set to Do not disturb — disconnect or leave voicemail;
- your line is Busy — hold incoming call, disconnect or leave voicemail;
- in case you Don’t answer — disconnect or leave voicemail.
You can add a default or personal audio message to each outcome informing callers of any important info.
To change this, click on the blocs at the end of the visual flowchart
Greetings, Music on hold
Greetings & Music on Hold Settings
Go to your Profile -> Greetings & Media.
You can edit/change your greetings, music on hold, ringback tones, and voicemail instructions, as well as upload your own greeting for the Dial by Name feature.
- Voicemail — IVR allows you to customize your voicemail’s behavior and enable email
notifications for when new messages arrive.
- Music on Hold — this option allows you to customize the music callers hear when they are in a
- Ringback tone — is the indicator heard on the line by the caller.
- Dial-by-name – allows callers to find a person by specifying their name instead of an extension
number. A caller will be prompted to enter the first few letters of a person’s first or last name
using their phone’s keypad to confirm the connection. You’ll need to upload special greetings
for this feature to work properly.
Click on the “Add Greeting” button to upload your own media file. Your file should not exceed 10 mb.
You can also record a greeting through your telephone. To record your greeting click “Record via phone”
and provide your phone number. MightyCall will initiate a call to this number. Answer the call and
record your greeting after hearing the “beep.” Hang up the call to complete the recording.
When using default settings, calls will go to your voicemail only when:
- Your status is set to “Do Not Disturb”
- You do not answer (for whatever reason)
Should the caller receive no answer, he will hear the standard voicemail message: “Please leave your message after the tone”. Likewise, if you have recorded your own custom voicemail greeting, that will play instead.
You can change the voicemail in your personal settings. To do so:
- Go to your settings (via “Profile”).
- Click the tab labeled “Answering Rules”.
- In addition, in the tab labeled “Greetings & Media” you can input your own personal voicemail message.
Here you can change the automatic message used when you are busy (i.e. already talking to someone on the phone), your phone is in Do Not Disturb Mode, or when you simply choose not to respond.
When forwarding a call to your cellphone number, there are 2 parties handling the call simultaneously on your end: MightyCall and your personal cell carrier (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).
If your personal voicemail is set up with your carrier, the calls may be routed there instead of to MightyCall, provided the following conditions occur:
- You have manually disconnected/declined a call that had been forwarded to your cellphone number.
It’s best to let these calls ring through when you are not available rather than physically declining it.
- The call has timed out on your carrier’s end before doing so in MightyCall’s system.
Usually, most carriers have their timeouts set around 25 seconds.
In order to make sure that the customer won’t reach your personal voicemail it’s best to adjust the cellphone timeout settings on your ‘Profile’ —> ‘My Forwarding Numbers’ to 25 seconds or less. (Don’t set it too low though or you may miss some calls.)
MightyCall’s WebPhone allows you to make and receive calls from your MightyCall number using your web browser. When you or your colleagues are at the computer, you won’t need a phone — just plug in your headset to make and receive calls with your business number (headphones are optional, but without one your calls won’t be private).
The WebPhone is available on the top menu. Your WebPhone is disabled by default. Click on the “Power” button to activate your WebPhone.
MightyCall asks for permission to use your microphone. You must grant access to make calls via the webphone.
Now you’re ready to make and receive calls!
Making and accepting calls via WebPhone
How to make a call
- Enable your WebPhone
- Enter a phone number you want to reach and click on the “Call” button.
How to accept a call
- Please make sure your WebPhone is enabled (it should be green).
- You will hear a sound alert and see a notification about an incoming call even if you’re on another tab.
- Click the “Answer” button to accept the call.
- If you have more than one business phone number, you can select the desired one to call from.
- You can minimize the WebPhone by clicking on the green “WebPhone” panel.
- You can view your recent calls and call to your team members invited to MightyCall.
- You can change speaker and microphone volume, and select an available microphone as well. Click on the “Test microphone” button to test your settings.
- You can change the sequence of your contact phone numbers in the “Profile › My forwarding phones” page.
- You can open other tabs via your browser. A tab with active webphone marked with a red indicator.
Any troubles with MightyCall WebPhone?
- Make sure you have proper internet connection. You can browse other web sites for instance.
- Make sure you allowed to use your microphone in your browser.
- Check your audio devices. You need a microphone and speaker (or a headset) to use MightyCall WebPhone.
- Please test your microphone. Make sure it works properly.
- Please make sure UDP/1935 port is available to use MightyCall WebPhone.
MightyCall’s mobile app
MightyCall’s mobile app allows for many options, such as to:
- Make and receive calls on behalf of your business number using your cellphone
- Manage your status (Available/Do Not Disturb)
- Receive notifications about any event, including missed calls and voicemails
- Add and edit contacts in the Business Contact Book
- Leave comments on contacts and view communication history with each individual contact
- Listen to & read your voicemails
- Listen to call recordings
- Read texts and reply to them with your business number
- Check statistics on client requests and team performance
- Check your balance and refill your account
You can download the app for iOS by clicking here.
You can download the app for Android by clicking here
You can see your entire communication history with clients in the Journal tab.
From the Journal, you can:
- view your call history,
- listen to your recorded calls,
- listen to & read your voicemails,
- filter calls,
- add or block contacts straight from your call history (coming soon).
The Journal is also an amazing tool for team work.
When you leave comments on a call, all your colleagues will see your notes, so everyone is on the same page.
Likewise, if you finish a task or assignment, you can mark it as resolved to better keep track of what needs doing and who’s done what.
Business Contact book
To save your customer contacts, add them to the Contact Book. You can edit the info & insert
comments to help you remember customers.