Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menus allow callers to interact with a phone system via their phone’s keypad. For example, “Press 1 for Sales, press 2 for Support and press 3 to leave a voicemail.”
In this article we cover:
What is IVR?
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is designed to:
- Greet callers
- Deliver necessary information
- Forward calls to the appropriate extension
- Take human error out of the system
How can that help business?
IVR systems for small business help make sure calls coming in to your company get routed fast and efficiently, often without even needing a receptionist (or fewer than you otherwise would).
The systems aren’t just cold, lifeless robots either, as you can upload your own personal greetings to show your company’s personality and relay important info. This efficiency will give you a professional look and your customers a better calling experience.
How does it work?
The information playback menu starts the call (Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Support, etc.), and then forwards it to the proper destination using a routing system.
Most IVR systems designed for small business also contain a dial-by-name directory. This allows a caller to dial the first name, last name, or full name of the person they need and the system will automatically forward the call there.
If a call goes to a group, the Automated Call Distribution determines who gets the call first using 1 of 4 distribution methods (which you can select and change at any time).
Running multiple auto-attendants on an IVR system will allow you to handle things like:
- Business vs non-business hours
- Regular vs VIP clients
- Using multiple phone numbers
How to enable IVR with MightyCall
- Go to “Call Flows.”
- Click on the “Actions” block.
- Select “Enable Voice Menu.”
- Record your own greeting for voice menu and a media prompt for an incorrect input.
- Select the desired actions for numbers 0 up to 9.
- Select an action should a timeout occur (if a caller does nothing for a long time).
- Save changes.
What customers say about MightyCall
- How to integrate MightyCall with Zapier
- When to use various call handling options
- How to set Caller ID (Call Display Control)
- General and Personal Settings
- MightyCall API Documentation
- Troubleshooting Microphone Problems
- Set up a Third Party SIP Phone
- MightyCall Inbox Message
- Configuring the MightyCall Contact Widget using CSS
- Privacy Settings For Access To Your Microphone
- Dial By Name
- How to change your subscription
- Using Talk Minutes And Money
MightyCall and Sitebuilders
- Forward Phone Calls to Another Number
- Contact Book
- Presence Indicator
- Music on Hold and Custom Greetings
- Use Call Screening Feature to Avoid Undesired Calls
- Call Queue
- Telephony User Interface (TUI)
- Dashboard (MightyCall Reports)
- Black & VIP Lists
- Call Recording
- Conference Calling
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu
- Managing Users and Groups
- Multichannel Activity Dashboard
- Statistics History Dashboards
- Social Media Tracker
- Text Messages
- Voicemail - How to Set Up and Use
- Business and Non-Business Hours
- How to Use Guide: Call Forwarding
- Outbound Calls From Business Number
- Get Your Business Number or International Phone Number
- Port Existing Number