How to set Caller ID (Call Display Control)
Caller ID is a highly useful feature for figuring out who’s calling you, and more importantly, for branding your business when you make phone calls.
Inbound and outbound Caller ID function a bit differently from each other, so here is how to set up both.
Inbound Caller ID
To set inbound calling to show your business number (so you know it’s a business call and not a personal one), go to the “Numbers & Widgets” page on your MightyCall account.
Click “Call Display Control”.
Then Enable or disable the option to your liking.
Outbound Caller ID
Outbound calling is a bit more involved. To have your company’s name show up when you call someone else, there are mechanisms outside of MightyCall’s control (no voip provider is able to control this alone).
There is a database called CNAM that controls Caller ID for outbound calls. For us, a company called Vitality provides this functionality—but we cannot fully guarantee it will always work, because both you and the person you’re calling need to be registered in the system (through a phone provider) for your company name to appear.
It’s important to note that CNAM is only available for local numbers.
Please contact our support team (email@example.com) to help with registering CNAM for your MightyCall’s business number.
If your number is CNAM eligible (we will let you know if it isn’t), your Caller ID will be ready in about 2 weeks.
Learn more about MightyCall’s Caller ID feature:
- When to use various call handling options
- How to set Caller ID (Call Display Control)
- General and Personal Settings
- MightyCall API Documentation
- Troubleshooting Microphone Problems
- Set up a Third Party SIP Phone
- MightyCall Inbox Message
- Configuring the MightyCall Contact Widget using CSS
- Privacy Settings For Access To Your Microphone
- Dial By Name
- How to change your subscription
- Using Talk Minutes And Money
MightyCall and Sitebuilders
- Presence Indicator
- Music on Hold and Custom Greetings
- Use Call Screening Feature to Avoid Undesired Calls
- Call Queue
- Telephony User Interface (TUI)
- Dashboard (MightyCall Reports)
- Black & White Lists
- Call Recording
- Conference Calling
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu
- Managing Users and Groups
- Multichannel Activity Dashboard
- Statistics History Dashboards
- Social Media Tracker
- Text Messages
- Voicemail - How to Set Up and Use
- Forward Phone Calls to Another Number
- Business and Non-Business Hours
- How to Use Guide: Call Forwarding
- Outbound Calls From Business Number
- Get Your Business Number or International Phone Number
- Port Existing Number