How to set Caller ID (Call Display Control)
Caller ID is a highly useful feature for figuring out who’s calling you, and more importantly, for branding your business when you make phone calls.
Inbound and outbound Caller ID function a bit differently from each other, so here is how to set up both.
To set inbound calling to show your business number (so you know it’s a business call and not a personal one), go to the “Numbers & Widgets” page on your MightyCall account.
Click “Call Display Control”.
Then Enable or disable the option to your liking.
Outbound calling is a bit more involved. To have your company’s name show up when you call someone else, there are mechanisms outside of MightyCall’s control (no voip provider is able to control this alone).
There is a database called CNAM that controls Caller ID for outbound calls. For us, a company called Vitality provides this functionality—but we cannot fully guarantee it will always work, because both you and the person you’re calling need to be registered in the system (through a phone provider) for your company name to appear.
It’s important to note that CNAM is only available for local numbers.
Normally registering in CNAM costs $10, but MightyCall can do it for you at no charge!
To do so, please fill in this form: CNAM FORM.
We will in turn ask Vitality to add Caller ID to your number.
If your number is CNAM eligible (we will let you know if it isn’t), your Caller ID will be ready in about a week.
- Dashboard (MightyCall Reports)
- Get Your Business Number or International Phone Number
- Port Existing Number
- Outbound Calls From Business Number
- How to Use Guide: Call Forwarding
- Call Queue
- Black & White Lists
- Business and Non-Business Hours
- Forward Phone Calls to Another Number
- Use Call Screening Feature to Avoid Undesired Calls
- Music on Hold and Custom Greetings
- Voicemail - How to Set Up and Use
- Text Messages
- Social Media Tracker
- Statistics History Dashboards
- Multichannel Activity Dashboard
- Managing Users and Groups
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu
- The Call Recording
- Conference Calling
- Telephony User Interface (TUI)
- How to set Caller ID (Call Display Control)
- MightyCall API Documentation
- Troubleshooting Microphone Problems
- Set up a Third Party SIP Phone
- MightyCall Inbox Message
- Configuring the MightyCall Contact Widget using CSS
- General and Personal Settings
- Dial By Name
- Using Talk Minutes And Money
- How to change your subscription
- Privacy Settings For Access To Your Microphone