The American consumer is in a strange middle ground right now: 51% of Americans say they prefer shopping online (with Millennials reporting even higher numbers), but 78% of respondents also said that having ‘Sales associates with a deep knowledge of the product range’ was important in the purchasing experience.
That means you need to engage your customers to get on the phone and stay on the phone.
You might believe that Americans are shopping online more to avoid talking to salespeople, but there’s a reason physical stores are still around. One of the major advantages of going to a store is the physical interaction you get with a product, and since e-commerce can’t offer that, you need something to replace it so customers feel invested in their purchases—you need them to be at ease with buying your product and not second guessing it while it’s being shipped; this is where getting them on the phone works wonders: you can give a more detailed pitch and they can have their questions answered.
If your shop is selling something more discernible or specific than a purely convenience-focused service like grocery delivery (or something of the like), chances are funneling people not just to see your website, but to call you, is a good way to increase your sales.
In that regard, MightyCall’s virtual phone system can help you guarantee customers get the best experience possible. Automated call forwarding, an auto attendant, custom greetings, call recording, voice-to-text emails, call queues, and other features all play specific roles in helping you craft a finely-tuned system that’s convenient for you and your customers.
To name just a few:
- Customizable call flows let you choose how and who answers calls,
- Call queues keep callers around if you’re busy,
- Custom greetings show off your company’s personality and professionalism,
- Your auto attendant processes calls and relays necessary information to callers.
- Call recording helps you stay on top of every request
- Voice-to-text voicemail transcripts make checking voicemail a breezeThe need for business phones is still evident, and with the ever-increasing technological capabilities of phone systems, not trying one out for your business is a big mistake.
The need for business phones is still evident, and with the ever-increasing technological capabilities of phone systems, not trying one out for your business is a big mistake.
See MightyCall’s offer for online shop owners.