Skype vs MightyCall
Skype is a software application that allows users to make calls over the internet via their computer. It’s popular for those who need to connect abroad, and has instant messaging, file transfers, SMS, video conferencing, and more.
Skype also offers calls to landlines and mobile phones for a fee and mobile apps for those wanting to use Skype on the go. Skype has four plans to satisfy different needs. With a focus on making outbound calls, Skype is a pretty different service than MightyCall. Often, the two are used together.
Using Skype With MightyCall
Because Skype and MightyCall have such diverse features, they can be used together to create a great small business phone system. You can combine MightyCall and Skype for both inbound and outbound calling.
- To use Skype for inbound calling, you can forward your MightyCall number to your SkypeIn number.
- To make outbound calls, you can dial out with your Skype account directly (caller ID will show your Skype number) or forward Skype to your MightyCall number, where you can make outbound calls that show your MightyCall number.
What’s the difference between Skype and MightyCall?
- Inbound vs Outbound Calling: Skype is great for outbound calling while MightyCall focuses on inbound calls. Skype can help a company save money on outbound calls, especially on international calls. MightyCall focuses on giving businesses the ability to sound professional when taking inbound calls from prospective or current customers.
- VoIP-based: While Skype is internet-based (VOIP), MightyCall is based on actual phone networks. VoIP requires you to have a strong internet connection to use the phone service.
- Phone numbers: Skype currently offers SkypeIn numbers, allowing you to get inbound calls through Skype. SkypeIn numbers are local numbers and include voicemail and call forwarding. MightyCall allows you to have toll free or local number for your business and includes features like auto-attendant, voicemail extensions, after-hours settings and more.
What plans does Skype offer?
Skype offers a free plan, as well as the options to pay as you go, pay by the month, or pay for the year. Opting for monthly or yearly payments gives a substantial discount.
Skype’s Free plan includes:
- Skype-to-Skype calls;
- one-to-one video calls;
- and screen sharing.
The paid plans offer more diverse options:
- outbound calling to mobile phones and land lines;
- call forwarding;
- group video chat;
- live support.